Re: GTK+ and GLib 2.6 branch

On 11.01.2005 05:35, Owen Taylor wrote:
On Mon, 2005-01-10 at 21:39 -0500, Owen Taylor wrote:

On Tue, 2005-01-11 at 00:37 +0100, Hans Breuer wrote:

On 10.01.2005 17:18, Owen Taylor wrote:

Branches for the stable GLib-2.6.x and GTK+-2.6.x series have now been
created, named:

GLIB: glib-2-6
GTK+: gtk-2-6

Notes:

- These are the branches for GNOME-2.10
- GTK+ HEAD is going to grow a Cairo dependency soon, so if you
  hit that, that should be a reminder about this mail :-)

Does this mean GTK+ will 'grow' that dependency regardless of the
availability of a win32 backend for cairo, see (still pending):
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/cairo/2004-November/002118.html

I don't plan on waiting to commit anything to CVS until we have a
working win32 backend.

Changed my mind on this (moments before committing something to CVS...),
breaking the win32 build strikes me as a something that we shouldn't do,
since it will make it hard to follow our procedure of committing all
bug-fixes into HEAD and stable at once.

So right now, win32/Cairo is sitting right on my critical path... I'm wondering if you have a version of your port around (the link in
your earlier mail is broken) so I can compare it to the GDI+ stuff
in CVS currently..
This link should work:
http://hans.breuer.org/dia/cairo-2004-07-05-hb.diff

[Also I didn't notice the gdi+ stuff being already in cvs,
maybe I have time this evening to give it a try.]

Thanks,
	Hans