Re: Copying unselectable text

Sven Neumann wrote:

Well, it doesn't make sense everywhere and it has drawbacks also. You
don't get this feature for free. A selectable label as well as a
widget that offers a popup menu needs to be able to receive mouse
events. Thus it needs an event window. I don't think that the
availability to copy any text from screen outweights the overhead such
a change would imply.

Thanks for the insight, I don't mind if the menu is not accessible everywhere. I may give it a try when I have some time to see where it works and where it does not without giving mouse events
to every widget.

If there are any labels in GIMP that you think should be selectable
and aren't yet, please let the GIMP developers know about it. Feel
free to file a bug-report against gimp or bring it up on
gimp-developer.
I don't have any problem with gimp, I used this example just because I was talking to you ;)

--
Guillaume