Re: About dialog api [OT: GPL]

Hi,

On Sun, 11 May 2003 12:44:40 +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:
> > Well, as per GPL all GPL binary packagers have to make sure that they give
> > the users a copy of the licence.
> Where? AFAICS:
> So short notice in the dialog box along with a pointer to full GPL
> (http://www.gnu.org/...) should be okay.

GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE Version 2, June 1991:

# 1. You may copy ...  and give any other recipients of the Program a copy of
# this License along with the Program.

Frequently Asked Questions about the GNU GPL
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhyMustIInclude

# Why does the GPL require including a copy of the GPL with every copy of the
# program?
#
# Including a copy of the license with the work is vital so that everyone who
# gets a copy of the program can know what his rights are.
#
# It might be tempting to include a URL that refers to the license, instead of
# the license itself. But you cannot be sure that the URL will still be valid,
# five years or ten years from now. Twenty years from now, URLs as we know them
# today may no longer exist.
#
# The only way to make sure that people who have copies of the program will
# continue to be able to see the license, despite all the changes that will
# happen in the network, is to include a copy of the license in the program.

							Lace