Re: About dialog api

Hi!

> > > I agree we should have a license statement in the std. about dialog.
> > >
> > > I'd hate to see the whole GPL as an inline string though. So just
> > > "This application is free software see COPYING" is probably what's
> > > wanted.
> >
> > That would be bad, because COPYING may not even be on user's computer,
> > and if it is there... which COPYING file does it mean?
> >

> Well, as per GPL all GPL binary packagers have to make sure that they give
> the users a copy of the licence. So it not being on the users system
> really isn't an option. What you could do is add a configure option
> as to

Where? AFAICS:

            How to Apply These Terms to Your New Programs
If the program is interactive, make it output a short notice like this
when it starts in an interactive mode:

    Gnomovision version 69, Copyright (C) year  name of author
    Gnomovision comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type
`show w'.
    under certain conditions; type `show c' for details.

The hypothetical commands `show w' and `show c' should show the
appropriate parts of the General Public License.  Of course, the
commands you use may be called something other than `show w' and `show
c'; they could even be mouse-clicks or menu items--whatever suits your
program.

So short notice in the dialog box along with a pointer to full GPL
(http://www.gnu.org/...) should be okay.
							Pavel
[Johanka's followup: and *two* hearts?]