Re: About dialog api

Hi!
> > No, it misses the most important point:
> > license. People do not care who copyright
> > belongs to, but they *do* care about
> > what they may or may not do with
> > software.
>
> I agree we should have a license statement in the std. about dialog.
>
> I'd hate to see the whole GPL as an inline string though. So just
> "This application is free software see COPYING" is probably what's
> wanted.

That would be bad, because COPYING may not even be on user's computer,
and if it is there... which COPYING file does it mean?

I guess this (copied from gdb with minor edits) would be okay:

This program is free software, covered by the GNU General Public
License, and you are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of
it under certain conditions.  There is absolutely no warranty for this
program.

That makes it clear it is GPL, gives very basic info what it is about,
and declares no warranty (which might be important, I'm not a lawyer).

								Pavel
[Johanka's followup: and *two* hearts?]