Re: en_US.po

Hi,

Christian Rose <menthos menthos com> writes:

> I believe there is some misunderstanding here. The issue is not AFAIK
> about using characters not available in latin-1, it's about using
> characters not available in plain 7-bit ASCII. That's a whole different
> topic, and support should not be an issue. I can't imagine a reasonably
> modern setup that doesn't support the latin-1 range of characters in
> fonts etc.

I think you misunderstood my point. The suggested en_US.po file can
not be converted to ISO-8859-1 which means that the messages can not
be output on a terminal of a GTK+ user who uses an en_US.ISO-8859-1
locale. This is a rather common setup and some of these messages are
by default output to the console. In my opinion an en_US translation
of GTK+ shouldn't use any non-latin1 characters unless there's a
strong reason to do so. Since the change is merely cosmetic, I don't
think that such a reason is given here. Same applies to other locales
such as de_DE, btw.

Salut, Sven