Re: en_US.po

Hi,

Noah Levitt <nlevitt columbia edu> writes:

> I've written an en_US.po for gtk+. The main differences from
> the untranslated strings are curly quotes and hyphens and
> stuff like that. I figure I'd better get permission before
> committing since it's a bit unusual.

I don't think it is a good idea to use quotes that are not available
in latin1 encoding. A lot of people use locales with latin1 encoding
and their terminals are not able to display these strings correctly.
Since most of these messages are by default output to the console (and
converted to the locale's encoding) it does IMO make a lot of sense to
stay with single quotes.

Salut, Sven