en_US.po

I've written an en_US.po for gtk+. The main differences from
the untranslated strings are curly quotes and hyphens and
stuff like that. I figure I'd better get permission before
committing since it's a bit unusual.

http://www.columbia.edu/~nlevitt/tmp/en_US.po

It occurs to me that use of en_US.po might be a way to help
avoid breakage during string freeze. (Whether it's a good
way could be debatable.)

For packages with en_US.po, maybe it would make sense to mv
en_GB.po en.po, so that commonwealth folks have an easier
time getting their commonwealth spellings.

Noah