Re: gnome-vfs/GIOChannel for parsing

[ Please don't CC me ]

On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 01:18, Jody Goldberg wrote:

> We're specifying interfaces here not implementations.  The
> relationships between stream and storage at the interface level seem
> close enough and the additional cost trivial enough that I'd like to
> see them go in as a pair.

Ok.  That seems pretty reasonable.  Would you like to modify the stream
proposal to incorporate your storage interface proposal, with a summary
of the reasons that a storage interface should be in glib?

The docbook XML source is here:

http://svn.verbum.org/repos/libgstream/trunk/doc/stream.xml

Or maybe you could just make an addendum to it as a separate document?

> Yes, and by doing that we're now playing with a fairly fundamentally
> different api than .Net.

I'm not sure I'd say it's "fundamentally" different, but yeah, it is
different.