Re: gnome-vfs/GIOChannel for parsing
- From: Michael Meeks <michael ximian com>
- To: Colin Walters <walters debian org>
- Cc: Gtk Hackers <gtk-devel-list gnome org>, gnome-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: gnome-vfs/GIOChannel for parsing
- Date: 28 Feb 2003 10:19:10 +0000
On Thu, 2003-02-27 at 21:50, Colin Walters wrote:
> > Thus having a file descriptor (or some more abstract source ) that you
> > can add to a glib mainloop seems vital to me.
> Hmm. Difficult to do in the general case. I mean, how are we going to
> get a fd from a GnomeVFSHandle? There may not always be one. Something
> more abstract would be good. I think it will be hard though.
Well - the problem being that you can only poll on a file descriptor -
so unless we tie it all to some GMainloop thing, it's rather difficult.
mmeeks gnu org <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot
] [Thread Prev