RE: Menu/toolbar choices

> So, the current choices seem to the stuff in libegg or
> bonoboui. Sadly, though he libegg stuff sounds promising, it
> doesn't seem to be in compilable state, and has no docs. Does
> it/will it support the above-mentioned features ? Is anyone
> actively working on it ? Some place to go for help ?

I suggest you wait for GTK+ 2.4 which should have the libegg menu stuff.
When GTK+ 2.4 exists I don't think BonoboUI will have much future apart from
as a component framework - I suppose it will continue to be supported but
will not be considered the ideal API to use. This is purely a personal
opinion - There is no GNOME-wide plan and no consensus at the moment.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net
www.murrayc.com