Re: win32 (via Wine): 'image-missing' not present in theme Adwaita

Hi all,

Recently, I wrote:

=====
I'm running my ported GTK+ application via Wine, and it keeps
throwing:
-----
Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'image-missing' for stock:
Icon 'image-missing' not present in theme Adwaita
-----

How can I get rid of this?

I've already tried adding
usr/share/icons/Adwaita/.../status/image-missing.png
and
usr/share/icons/gnome/.../status/image-missing.png
to the program's directory, but that doesn't fix it.
=====

I've since gotten an insightful reply from Tilo, and someone
also e-mailed me off-list with some pointers.

I would still like to find a way to get rid of these Adwaita-related
warnings.

Here are download links of the GPL3+ program in question:
http://www.popot.org/other_useful_tools.php?tool=poplaun
The page has both the Windows and GNU/Linux packages.

It is a simple application that retrieves and launches Prince of Persia
mods.

I have tried copying my GNU/Linux's /usr/share/icons/Adwaita/* content
to the Windows port's <root>/share/icons/Adwaita/

But then I get:

wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x96660000 at address
0x7e99f29c (thread 0009), starting debugger...

Note that I don't want to move the executable (poplaun.exe) into a bin/
directory. I want to keep it in the <root>, in the top level.

Also, even if copying all Adwaita icons somewhere would have worked,
surely there must be a solution that doesn't require including 42MB
into the package, and still have it work out of the box - with the
(application-exit and help-about) icons...

Best regards,
Norbert