Re: Header bar: Keyboard accessibility?

On 06/23/2017 12:35 PM, Yuri Khan wrote:
On Sat, Jun 24, 2017 at 1:21 AM, Michael Torrie <torriem gmail com> wrote:

I’m on 3.18, and here’s my test application/mockup:

http://yurikhan.github.io/images/20170623-gtk-header-bar.png

Oh I see. Yes that's different.  The application menu usually refers (at
least in my mind) to the now ubiquitous hamburger menu that all Gnome
apps seem to sport.

In *your* *mind*? Application menu is an official term. The menu that
is assigned via gtk_application_set_app_menu.

You're right, and this does seem like a pretty serious oversight.  I see
that gedit did not have (at least on my version of gnome) an application
menu at all.  gnome-calculator does, though, and it's definitely not
keyboard accessible, which is a very strange design choice, if it's not
a bug.

What you are describing is called the “gear menu”. The only
application I have seen so far where it was activated with F10 is
Gitg. And Gedit tries to do that too, unsuccessfully.

I've looked at a few Gnome 3 apps just now and F10 was able to open the
gear menu for all of those, including Gedit.  I'm not using Gnome 3 as a
desktop environment.