Re: Header bar: Keyboard accessibility?

On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 11:15 AM, Michael Torrie <torriem gmail com> wrote:

All the Gnome 3 apps that use a header bar that I have at my disposal
let me open the application menu with F10.  Even when I run the app
under the most primitive window manager out there, TWM.  Are they doing
something different than your app?

What GTK3 version are you on? Could you make a screenshot so I could
see we’re talking about the same thing?

I’m on 3.18, and here’s my test application/mockup:

http://yurikhan.github.io/images/20170623-gtk-header-bar.png

In my testing, F10 focuses the first focusable control in the header
bar, if any.

This happens in gtk/gtkwindow.c, function gtk_window_activate_menubar.
First, it checks if the window has a title bar and whether focus is
inside it; if not, it focuses the title bar, which presumably causes
its first focusable descendant to be focused. If it is, it focuses the
next menu bar if any.

The button that houses the application menu fallback is created as
unfocusable, and it has been that way since 2013.

https://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk+/commit/?id=d9f9242