Re: Gtk+3 application Internationalization

Hi;

On 14 April 2016 at 17:09, Dave Howorth <dhoworth mrc-lmb cam ac uk> wrote:

I don't know, if I understand it well, that I must translate all
strings in my application (copy from Stock Items) one more time to all
languages just like Gtk if I want to use them ?

It's hardly going to be an issue.

I don't understand. With the old method, I chose stock items and
localisation was done automatically by the system, yes? As application
author I didn't have to consider it.

It's not "done by the system": GTK carries the translations under its
own gettext domain.

How is localisation done in the new system?

In the same way you localize your application's strings — either using
gettext, or using any other tool that lets you load translated strings
given an identifier.

These are the developer guidelines and tools used by the GNOME project:

  https://wiki.gnome.org/TranslationProject/DevGuidelines

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--