Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Getting a Cairo context

Le 27 mars 2015, Emmanuele Bassi a écrit :

After GTK 2.8, you should be using the Cairo API for everything; some

Part of your sentence has been cutoff it seems.

You likely won't ever see a GTK 2 programming tutorial that is both up
to date and maintained, considering that GTK 2 is in deep maintenance
mode,

I don't understand. Gtk2 is stable and only receives bug fixes, right? (Is this what you call deep maintenance?) So why should a tutorial on it be maintained? A tutorial on Gtk 2.24 would do, whatever its date.

A good idea of what's needed to make your GTK 2 code use at least the
latest API in the 2.x series is to look at the GTK 2.x → 3.x migration
guide:

That will help fix my current code, thanks. Alas it won't help me write correct new code.

--
Lucas Levrel