Re: GtkAssistant "apply" signal

On Sat, 2013-05-18 at 17:47 +0900, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
Here's an idea, ... in the GtkAssistant documentation for apply[0],
it says:

    "The default behavior of the GtkAssistant is to switch to the page
     after the current page, unless the current page is the last one."

Which means, you could do possibly two things:

  a.) In your derived GtkAssistant object, decide whether or not
       to invoke the parent class ->apply() method from your own
       ->apply() method which you override in your sublcass

Hey Tristan. Thanks for both suggestions. This first one I don't know
how to do because the GtkAssistant is being created by glade, and unless
there's some kind of Python magic I could rely on, I don't know of an
easy way to subclass it when it is already instantiated.

  b.) Connect to the "apply" signal on an assistant which you did
       not derive, and if the page is not valid, then just call:
          g_signal_stop_emission_by_name (assistant, "apply");
       to avoid the default behaviour of switching pages.

Both 'a' and 'b' would have the same effect (I have a preference
for 'a' since I feel like 'b' is a sort of hack, but that's just my preference).

'b' is definitely a hack, but it might do the trick if I can get it to
work. I am trying the following,

        assistant.stop_emission("apply")

, except that the assistant still advances to the next page regardless.
Hmm...

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred