Re: Scrollable object problem in GTK 2.20 (Windows)

On 6 Mar 2012, at 12:37, jcupitt gmail com wrote:

Yes, this (and many other annoying bugs) were fixed for 2.24. You
should see good improvements to copy/paste, drag/drop and filename
encoding support as well. It might even be a bit quicker.

I've just rebuilt my program against 2.24 if you want to test that or
anything else:

Hi John and sorry for the delay in replying.  My broadband link went down about an hour after my original
post and it's only just come back again, this morning  :-(

Yes, I remember the drag/drop issue - in fact it was me who eventually found the bug (along with a lot of
help from some other users!)  Thanks also for that link to your app which I installed this morning.  To be
honest, I wasn't sure what to do with it but I did manage to reach the stage of having a scroll bar on the
window and you're right, the problem that was present in 2.20 seems to be gone in 2.24.

As it happens, we've been talking about an upgrade to 2.24 recently - but as is always the case in these
situations, we're only days away from an important release so we daren't risk making such a drastic change at
this late stage.  I think it'll be the first thing we do though, once this release has settled down.

As a temporary measure, is there any way I can find out what the fix was, so I could try patching v2.20?  I
might be wrong but this bug has the "feel" of something that would be quite simple to patch - if only I can
find the relevant fix.  That was certainly the case with the drag'n'drop issue. I spent weeks tracking it
down but in the end, turned out to be a trivial fix.

John