Scrollable object problem in GTK 2.20 (Windows)

Hello.  For the past couple of years we've been using GTK+/Glib etc for building a cross platform app.  We're
using GTK+ v2.20.0 which was current at that time.  The Windows version has a peculiar problem and I just
wondered if either (a) it's fixed in a more recent version - or (b) if anyone can suggest where I might start
looking to track down the problem.  Here goes....

The problem affects any "scrollable / draggable" object but the easiest example to explain is probably a
scroll bar.  Let's say I left click on a scroll bar and start dragging it to scroll the attached GTK+ window.
 But while the scroll bar is scrolling, my mouse pointer goes outside the relevant window and I release the
left mouse button.  As you might expect, the scroll bar stops scrolling.  The problem occurs when I return my
mouse pointer back inside the GTK+ window.  It seems like the scroll bar doesn't fully realise that I've let
go of it.  So as soon as my mouse pointer returns within the GTK+ window, the scroll bar starts moving again
- even though the mouse button isn't pressed any more.

Does anyone know if this problem still exists in the latest code (it only seems to affect the Windows version
AFAIK)?  Or can anyone suggest an area of the source code where I could start looking for the bug?  Remember
that other scrollable controls are affected too - not just scroll bars.  Thanks for any help.

John