Re: Scrollable object problem in GTK 2.20 (Windows)

Hi John,

On 6 March 2012 09:38, John Emmas <johne53 tiscali co uk> wrote:
We're using GTK+ v2.20.0 which was current at that time.  The Windows version has a peculiar problem

The problem affects any "scrollable / draggable" object but the easiest example to explain is probably a
scroll bar.  Let's say I left click on a scroll bar and start dragging it to scroll the attached GTK+
window.  But while the scroll bar is scrolling, my mouse pointer goes outside the relevant window and I
release the left mouse button.  As you might expect, the scroll bar stops scrolling.  The problem occurs
when I return my mouse pointer back inside the GTK+ window.  It seems like the scroll bar doesn't fully
realise that I've let go of it.  So as soon as my mouse pointer returns within the GTK+ window, the scroll
bar starts moving again - even though the mouse button isn't pressed any more.

Yes, this (and many other annoying bugs) were fixed for 2.24. You
should see good improvements to copy/paste, drag/drop and filename
encoding support as well. It might even be a bit quicker.

I've just rebuilt my program against 2.24 if you want to test that or
anything else:

http://www.vips.ecs.soton.ac.uk/development/nip2-7.28.0-beta3a-setup.zip

John