Re: drag'n'drop sample application

2011/9/13 John Emmas <johne53 tiscali co uk>:

On 11 Sep 2011, at 19:24, John Emmas wrote:

src/gtk+-2.20.0/tests/testtreeview.c
src/gtk+-2.20.0/prop-editor.c

[...]

I know there aren't many people here who use gtk-win32 but if anyone does (and can spare a few minutes)
could you try building those two modules and see if you can reproduce the problem? ÂI'd like to find out
if TreeView dnd is something that isn't working generally in gtk-win32 or if the problem is specific to my
copy for some reason.

FWIW I came across some old postings I'd made on this mailing list (circa April 2010) and realised that I
already flagged up this problem when I was using gtk-win32 v2.14, about 18 months ago. ÂFor the past 6
months or so I've been using v2.20 and it still seems to be present in that version although I think gtk is
up to about 2.24 now.

I'm planning to investigate the TreeView DND issue sometime soon but it'd be handy to know if anyone else
is working on it (or if it's already been fixed). ÂTo recap, TreeView controls seem to support drag'n'drop
if I build them for Linux - but not if I build them for Windows. ÂIf anyone has any information that might
be helpful I'd really appreciate it. ÂThanks.
Better ask that on the devel list, not on the app-devel_list

Regards

Bernhard