Re: Memory leaks

On 02/09/2011 05:05 PM, Jeff Clough wrote:
And the fact that so many shared library hackers have this view is the
reason modern desktops need to ship with four gigs of RAM minimum and
still can't stay up for more than a week.

Rubbish.  What an absurd and fallacious argument.  Whether GTK+ "leaks"
(by your definition) or not, your program, while running, is still going
to need the same amount of RAM whether it cleans up initial allocations
on program end or not.  So except in the case where you want to
continually load and unload GTK+'s shared libraries, deleting these
initializations on exit is a waste of time.  And GTK+ is not designed to
be unloaded (I don't know of very many UI libraries that are), I don't
see what the problem is.

Whether you have a very small amount of RAM or a lot does not matter in
the least.