Re: GTK 2.20 for Windows

On Sun, 2010-04-11 at 09:51 +0300, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
Would filing tickets of the issues that arise generate a response?

Filing tickets (bug reports in bugzilla.gnome.org) for individual
clearly separate issues (that don't have bug reports already) is
always good,

This is essential. We can't have a discussion about the problems, or
attract anyone to deal with them, if we don't know what they are.

 especially if accompanied by minimal but complete test
programs. But don't expect any immediate "response" for bugs that are
hard to fix. (And avoid setting the "priority" or "severity" fields,
that only makes the bug reporter seem obnoxious ("my bugs are the most
important ones"), those fields are cheerfully ignored by most
maintainers I think, or at least by me.)

Or is the project needing an active developer to sort out the issues
that have already arisen?

That is it, yes. Either some existing "maintainer" (like me) that
already knows the code to some extent needs inspiration to start
working on the issues, or some new person needs to appear, full of
energy and inspiration.

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com