Re: GTK 2.20 for Windows

On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 22:50:51 +0300
Tor Lillqvist <tml iki fi> wrote:

and if I should bundle it with my project, through modifying the gtk-win project's NSIS file, or if there
are issues that still need to be worked out.

Why not ask the "gtk-win project"? This is not a mailing list related
to that project. Or is it?

I had asked about the project manager for gtk-win about it, sorry, should've clarified that that was who the
person mentioned in the first message was. My post here was more just a question of the issues that would
come up if I was to use 2.20 on windows.

Or why not just try the binaries from
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/binaries/win32/gtk+/2.20/ ?

I'd been under the impression, just from the other projects I had seen, that windows gtk programs were
expected to use a shared runtime install, rather than individually including all the dependencies needed to
make them work. If I was to take the binaries out of that though, would it just be a matter of plopping down
the dll's in the same folder as the executable files?

(Hint: GTK+ 2.18 and 2.20 work to some extent on Windows, but not
really that well. Feel free to "work out the issues". Nobody else
seems to be interested (me included),)

--tml

Sad to hear, do you know if there are plans for the future releases to fix the issues? It feels strange that
the developers would just drop interest in one of the platforms. Would filing tickets of the issues that
arise generate a response? Or is the project needing an active developer to sort out the issues that have
already arisen? (Not volunteering myself with that, though, since I don't have much experience/liking for
native windows libraries)

--
Nader Morshed <morshed nader gmail com>