Drag 'n' Drop behavior in Windows

Hello,

As a user of Geany, I was surprised to find that when attempting to move selected text by d'n'd, that the default behavior under WinXP was copy where I had expected it to be move as it is in Linux. When I brought this up on the Geany list, I was told that this behavior is part of GTK.

This is kind of frustrating as I use Windows at work and Linux at home and routinely use Geany on both. It seemed bizarre to me that where most native apps under both Linux and Windows do move by default, GTK apps under Windows do copy. I confirmed this by observing at least one other GTK app that behaves the same way (Wireshark).

Is there anything I can do in a configuration file or otherwise to get move by default? (Also, is there some rationale for the inconsistency?)

Many thanks,

Bob S.