Re: GTK warning

On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 08:16:44 -0700
Jeffrey Barish <jeff_barish earthlink net> wrote:

I hate the warning messages that GTK provides because they rarely help
me find the problem.  What does this one mean?

/myprogram.py:118: Warning: g_object_unref: assertion
`object->ref_count > 0' failed
  self['myimage'].set_from_pixbuf(mypb)

Hi Jeffrey,

As I told in a previous meesage, which either didn't go out or didn't go
to the list, the trick is to start python with --g-fatal-warnings. You
can't do that directly, but I believe the trick is to

python yourprog.py --g-fatal-warnings

The gtk module will take the arguments and generate the exception at the
point where the error above occurs. Then, you can look at the backtrace
to determine which line in the program caused it. This tutorial seems a
bit outdated, but helpful:

http://www.pygtk.org/pygtktutorial/ch-gettingstarted.html

John