Re: Embedded Gtk+ system moving to 2.14

Hi,

John Boncek wrote:
Attempting to move several large (multi-hundred compile units) C++
application programs of an embedded ARM / Linux 2.4 system from Gtk+
2.2.4
to Gtk+ 2.14.  We are noting severe performance degradation (2-3 times)
in
screen transitions and a definite overall sluggishness to the systems. There are no profiling tools available on ARM / Linux 2.4 that we have
been
able to find despite a lot of online investigation.

what windowing system are you using? directfb? x11?

X11, with no window manager, under MontaVista Linux.  Some package details:

cairo-1.8.4
atk-1.24.0
autoconf-2.62
automake-1.10.1
bash-2.05b
expat-2.0.1
fontconfig-2.6.0
freetype-2.3.7
glib-2.18.1
gtk+-2.14.3
gtkhtml-3.24.0
intltool-0.40.3
libart_lgpl-2.3.20
libpng-1.2.8
libsoup-2.24.1
libtool-2.2.4
m4-1.4.11
make-3.81
pango-1.22.0
perl-5.10.0
pixman-0.12.0
pkg-config-0.20
tiff-3.7.4

Can you bench it on i386 system. Can you test it recompile on standard pc?
Any soft-float issue?

Michael