Re: Gio & memory management

Thank you, Damien,

Yes, the g_free(child_path); is needed.
Now I need only... 43.8 Mb instead of 44.1 Mb.
That's better... But I guess the main memory leak isn't here...

In fact, in the first program that I post to the mailing list I was "building" the children filename by myself (with malloc, strcpy, strcat, free).

Regards,
Nicolas

Damien Caliste wrote:
Hello,

Le 14/10/2008, nico <nico yojik eu> a Ãcrit :
And here is the source code of the program:
http://yojik.shtooka.net/gio.c
I didn't run nor check extensively the program but maybe there is a
memory leak coming from the path you build with g_build_filename(). The
documentation states that the returned string must be free. And a quick
look to your source doesn't make this g_free() call appears to me...
http://library.gnome.org/devel/glib/unstable/glib-Miscellaneous-Utility-Functions.html#g-build-filename

So after the recursive call I would have put a g_free() there.

Damien.