Re: Gio & memory management

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 08:05:59PM +0200, nico wrote:
I would like to know your opinion about the problem with the memory
usage, that I was talking about in my previous mails... Did someone
test the script? Did someone look charts that I make? Does it use the
same quantity of memory to scan directories? If everything is alright
with the code, I guess, I have to create a bug report. Do you think, I
could expose my problem in gtk-devel-list gnome org (the problem is
quiet critical).

I tried to reply earlier, but I didn't see my posting on the list, so I
guess it didn't get through.

The problem may be a simple one: the "." and ".." directories.  Unless
g_file_enumerate_children filters these out for you (the online
documentation makes no mention of doing so) you need to ignore these.
Otherwise, you'll just keep scanning the same directory, or its parent,
over and over again.

Have a look at the program output.  Do you see "ENTER IN xxx" with the
same directories repeatedly?

HTH
JV