Re: Gio & memory management

Hi,

The problem may be a simple one: the "." and ".." directories.  Unless
g_file_enumerate_children filters these out for you (the online
documentation makes no mention of doing so) you need to ignore these.
Otherwise, you'll just keep scanning the same directory, or its parent,
over and over again.

Have a look at the program output.  Do you see "ENTER IN xxx" with the
same directories repeatedly?

The "route" of the program is absolutely normal and the is no infinite
loop (program end, I just have to be very patient).
For example to scan the /usr/ directory of a fresh installed Debian Sid,
I need about 80 Mb of RAM and 5 minutes... (to scan only 2500 files,
with a max depth of 8, e.g the number of sub/sub/../sub directories).

Here are charts: http://yojik.shtooka.net/bench2_c.pdf
And here is the source code of the program: http://yojik.shtooka.net/gio.c

Regards,
Nicolas