Re: Printing

Enrico Tröger wrote:
On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 19:56:05 +0100, Bastiaan Veelo <bastiaan sarc nl>
wrote:

Hi,

1) In order to get approximately correctly scaled text I had to specify a resolution of around 27.2 on the pango context. This value was determined by trial and error. I suspect I am doing something fundamentally wrong, and I would like to know how to render text the way the font designer inteded it. I have tried scaling only graphics and not text, but even then text was much too big.

2) The printed font seems a little heavy. This may be due to the scaling issue above.
regarding the font issues in general: did you ever try to use Pango for
the fonts instead of Cairo?

Yes, my issues are with pango. The posted code also prints a cairo line of text, for reference, but I prefer using a pango layout.

In my app I'm using a PangoContext to place text into the page, but
this also causes problems, at least on Windows.

What kind of problems? Like I have described or others?

Regards,
Bastiaan.