RE: start-editing signal?

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007, Prewitt, Nathan C ERDC-ITL-MS Contractor wrote:

    On my machine, it did not revert back to "bottles of coke".
Depending on where I moved the pointer, it either made the
change to "foo" or it left "foo" and I was still able to edit
the cell.

A relevant question occurs to me: Do you have your window manager
set on "click to focus" or "focus follows mouse"?  I have the
latter.

In any case, I think the behaviour that most users would expect
is: when the window you left with an uncommitted edit regains
focus, the uncommitted edit would still be there, and still
uncommitted.

--
Allin Cottrell
Department of Economics