Re: start-editing signal?

On Fri, Sep 21, 2007 at 03:11:12PM -0400, Allin Cottrell wrote:
I'm trying to connect a callback to "start-editing" on a cell
renderer, but I must be doing something wrong.  My code is
basically

static void create_cell_renderer (gpointer p)
{
    GtkCellRenderer *r;

    r = gtk_cell_renderer_text_new();

    g_object_set(r, "ypad", 1,
               "xalign", 1.0,
               "mode", GTK_CELL_RENDERER_MODE_EDITABLE,
               NULL);
    g_signal_connect(r, "start-editing",
                   G_CALLBACK(cell_edit_start), p);
}

When this code is invoked, I'm getting

GLib-GObject-WARNING **: gsignal.c:1669: signal `start-editing' is
invalid for instance `0x822a5f0'

I've verified that 0x822a5f0 is indeed the return value from
gtk_cell_renderer_text_new.

Can anyone tell me how to make a valid hook-up?

Start with the correct signal name:

http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/stable/GtkCellRenderer.html#GtkCellRenderer-editing-started

Looking at the documentation should be first thing when you
get a GObject complaint about invalid signal/property name.

Yeti

--
http://gwyddion.net/