Re: start-editing signal?

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007, David Ne?as (Yeti) wrote:

Start with the correct signal name...

Yes, sorry about that.  But here's a real question about cell
editing in a treeview.  I can make the point by reference to
gtk-demo:

1. Start gtk-demo and select "Editable cells" under "Tree View".
Double-click to get the demo.

2. Click on the "bottles of coke" cell to edit it.

3. Type "foo" (and only that, no Enter).

4. Move the pointer out of the treeview window, then move it back
in.

My expectation: the unfinished edit will still be in place.

Actual behaviour: the "bottles of coke" cell is as it was before I
started; my edit-in-progress is gone.

This may not be a bug as such, but I would like to know if there's
a way of preserving the state of the cell-editing process, in face
of the treeview window temporarily losing focus.

Allin Cottrell