Re: Spontaneous background colors in treeview

Mikael Hallendal wrote:

Would it be possible to provide a screenshot that shows the problem
you are seeing?

It now appears that I fell victim to misleading documentation.  The
reference manual says that setting the sort indicator to true causes an
arrow to appear in the header button indicating the column is sorted.  On
my system I see no arrow.  Instead, the column is shaded.  I believe that
the manual is wrong when it says that an arrow appears.  The second problem
is an ambiguity in the manual.  The statement describing the effect of
setting the sort indicator to true seems to imply that the arrow will not
appear if the column is not sorted.  This interpretation prompted me to set
the sort indicator on all columns with the expectation that the arrow would
appear only on the one that was sorted.  What actually happens when one
sets the sort indicator is that the column is shaded, so setting the sort
indicator on all columns results in what looks like a colored background.
I suspect that I am supposed to set the sort indicator manually on the
appropriate column (and only that column) whenever I switch sort column.
--
Jeffrey Barish