Re: Spontaneous background colors in treeview

Kristian Rietveld wrote:

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 11:30:58AM -0600, Jeffrey Barish wrote:
Stop presses.  It's the number of columns.  All data sets that require 3
columns have a background.  All data sets that require 2 columns do not.

Here it is.  If I comment out the line that sets the sort indicator, I do
not get the colored background for any data set.

I thought you meant the rows had alternating background colors in your
previous mails.  When you sort a column in a tree view with >= 3
columns, the sorted column is drawn with a background that is slightly
darker than the default background (in the default theme it is a shade
of grey).  This is the default and correct behavior.

I did mean the rows.  With 3 columns (or more, perhaps -- my data sets never
require more than 3 so I don't know) and with set sort indicator set to
true, I get alternating *rows* of color.  With 2 columns and with set sort
indicator set to true, the background is white.  With set sort indicator
set to false, the background is white for any number of columns.

--
Jeffrey Barish