Re: C vs C++ for GTK

Le lundi 26 novembre 2007 Ã 08:39 +0000, Neil Bird a Ãcrit :
Around about 25/11/07 12:31, BenoÃt Dejean typed ...
I've switched gnome-system-monitor to C++ and i'm very happy with it.

   Just out of interest, did you choose GTKmm or C++ with vanilla GTK+?

As i didn't start from scratch, that's still a lot of GTk+.

   I'm looking at doing some GTK from C++ (I've previously only really used
GTK+ from C), and on the odd occasion I've dipped into GTKmm projects, I've
been worried about what looked like the obfuscation of the GTK innards
which, although arguably necessary to give a C++ methodology to the
proceedings, made it very difficult to pin down a [seeming] GTK/GTKmm bug
(which I never did, in fact).

That's not my experience. I spend hours debugging gtk stuff because C is
not typesafe or because i freed the wrong thing at the wrong time.

--
BenoÃt Dejean
GNOME http://www.gnomefr.org/