Re: C vs C++ for GTK

On 11/25/07, Benoît Dejean <benoit placenet org> wrote:

Le dimanche 25 novembre 2007 à 00:03 +0100, Tomas Carnecky a écrit :
Patrick wrote:
is C++ to complicated?
C++ is more complex than C, and thus harder to fully understand.

Is C going out of date?
No, it's still being used for lots of projects.

Am I limited with C?
No, there are very few features in C++ that are hard/impossible to
imitate in C, but you usually won't need those for small projects.

You can also do it in assembly if you have time.

What people prefer mostly depends on their taste. I do C, my brother
does C++, I can't say why that is.

Since you worked with python which is object oriented I would imagine
going with C++ will be easier for you during the first weeks.

I've switched gnome-system-monitor to C++ and i'm very happy with it.

Two questions about the sentence above:

- What improvements or benefits did you find to switch to C++?

- Is it going to be a C++ application from now on?

BTW: excellent application

--
Benoît Dejean
GNOME http://www.gnomefr.org/