notebook tab with other widget

hello,
i am using notebook in my application. i want to reduce the tab size and placing other widget next/near to
tab(e.g search label with entry box = search box ). if i use hbox  to pack the notebook with widget  it is
placing  horizontally with notebook . how can i place my search box near to tab of notebook.
as well as reducing the size the notebook tab

also how to put button and image inside the tab (image -label -closebutton)

thank you.
sphurti