Re: notebook tab with other widget

Hello,

Le 12/11/2007, sphurti durgade <sphurti study yahoo com> a Ãcrit :
i am using notebook in my application. i want to reduce the tab size
and placing other widget next/near to tab
I don't think this is tractable with GTK directly (the area near the
tabs is Notebook private), but I let other list member correct me if
I'm wrong.

box near to tab of notebook. as well as reducing the size the
notebook tab
You can use gtk_notebook_set_tab_label_packing() to control the
expansion of tabs, but default is already FALSE for the tab-expand
property so your tabs should already be compact.

also how to put button and image inside the tab (image -label
-closebutton)
The widget you give as the tab label can be whatever widget you want.
So create an hbox, put your image, your label and a button in it and
give it as the tab_label argument to gtk_notebook_append_page() for
instance.

Damien.