Re: GTK win32 port: jpeg and TIFF dlls

El 11/11/07 23:22, Allin Cottrell escribiÃ:
"In 2.12.0 I built in the loaders into the gdk-pixbuf library. There are no separate loader dlls. This has the benefit that there are less files in the gtk+ distribution, and there is one less thing that might go wrong, as the built-in loaders don't need to be listed in a gdk-pixbuf.loaders file. But ... those who use gdk-pixbuf but not for jpeg or tiff images, have earlier managed without the jpeg and tiff dlls...

"If I get more complaints like yours, I guess I will have to revert this, and build the loaders separately again."

Could I put in a vote for building the loader dlls separately, as before, please? I'm sure I'm not the only one wanting to offer a minimal stand-alone GTK installation to accompany my app. It's not a very big deal -- but is a bit of a pain -- to have to include redundant DLLs in such a package.

Can I vote to have the loaders separated too? Thanks!!!
Programmers should figure out how to package a GTK application on
Windows, it isn't that difficult.

Bye.

--
Ivan Baldo - ibaldo adinet com uy - http://ibaldo.codigolibre.net/
ICQ 10215364 - Phone/FAX (598) (2) 613 3223.