Re: FW: compiling gtk-engines under mingw

PS: I meant to say XML Parser above (not X11 Parser)

Ah yes. The lack of the XML::Parser module in the Perl that comes with
MSYS can be a pain. If I recall correctly it is quite hard to install
it afterwards into MSYS, presumably because one would need the
MSYS-targetting compiler (i.e. a compiler that produces MSYS binaries,
recall that MSYS as such is a fork of Cygwin), and/or it would drag in
a bunch of dependencies that are also hard to make work, etc.

I have avoided this problem by setting the environment variable
INTLTOOL_PERL to point to the perl.exe in my installation of
ActiveState's Perl, which has XML::Parser.

Just setting INTLTOOL_PERL means that otherwise the Perl used to run
stuff from Makefiles etc will still be the MSYS one, but the Perl used
for the intltool configury (which is where XML::Parser is needed) will
be the ActiveState one.

--tml