Re: GTK win32 port: jpeg and TIFF dlls

Apologies for replying to myself, but after posting the
following...

I see that there's now a hard-wired dependency on the jpeg and
TIFF dlls.  That is, the app won't start without these libraries
(but it ran OK under the 2.10 GTK runtime)...

I found a related message,

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-app-devel-list/2007-September/msg00190.html

in which Tor Lillqvist says,

"In 2.12.0 I built in the loaders into the gdk-pixbuf library.
There are no separate loader dlls. This has the benefit that there
are less files in the gtk+ distribution, and there is one less
thing that might go wrong, as the built-in loaders don't need to
be listed in a gdk-pixbuf.loaders file. But ... those who use
gdk-pixbuf but not for jpeg or tiff images, have earlier managed
without the jpeg and tiff dlls...

"If I get more complaints like yours, I guess I will have to
revert this, and build the loaders separately again."

Could I put in a vote for building the loader dlls separately, as
before, please?  I'm sure I'm not the only one wanting to offer a
minimal stand-alone GTK installation to accompany my app.  It's
not a very big deal -- but is a bit of a pain -- to have to
include redundant DLLs in such a package.

Allin Cottrell