Re: How to create a self contained GTK+ Application for Linux

On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 03:12:54PM -0600, Michael L Torrie wrote:

Typical unix pedantic response.

I asked specifically what you meant because it sounded
ridiculous.

The current directory as defined by the
directory the gtk dlls are in, yes.

The current [working] directory is what getwd() returns.
At least that's what everyone else seems to mean by the
current directory.

And yes it is a good idea.

And it is ridiculous.

It works very, very well for the win32 GTK libraries.

Finding self is normally based on GetModuleHandleW()
+ GetModuleFileNameW() on Win32.  I asked how you do this on
other systems.

Moreover, Win32 has some habit of looking for libraries in
the executable's directory, and that's both weird and the
only reason why it works.

Yeti

--
http://gwyddion.net/