Re: gtk errors "!GTK_WIDGET_REALIZED (widget) failed

Thanks for all the replies. Please find my anjuta project attached. It's very
small and easy to see what I'm trying to achieve. You'll need anjuta 2.1.1
and glade 3.

Thanks

http://www.nabble.com/file/7543/src.tar.gz src.tar.gz

Jonathan Winterflood wrote:

Hi,

From the gtkmm documentation (just a wrapper for gtk):
"""
void Gtk::Widget::show ( )
Flags a widget to be displayed.
"""

ie. it doesn't acually show the widget, but tells gtk you'd like it to
(wich
it will do for you, a short time later)
I'm guessing the widget hasn't had time to get realized before you do your
colormap stuff

Since your code should be called after realization, you could put it
in the on_realize() handler [or
rather, connect your code to the realize signal in C (as opposed to C++)]

If you are calling this code a long time later (eg. on pressing a
button) then I guess the problem's elsewere.

Hoping to help,
Jonathan