Re: gtk errors "!GTK_WIDGET_REALIZED (widget) failed

Looks like this is definitely a libglade issue. I found this:

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/libglade/libglade-extending.html

I can see how it would be trivial to use a custom widget for anything other
than the main window itself. Any idea's how I'd achieve this? I want to
specify the main window in glade as a custom widget (to see if this solves
the issue in my original post).

If you have any other idea's I'd love to hear them.
Thanks

Paul Pogonyshev wrote:

3saul wrote:

when trying to:

GdkColormap *colormap = gdk_screen_get_rgba_colormap(screen);
gtk_widget_set_colormap(widget, colormap);

This is literally as complicated as my program is. Create a window (using
libglade), setup callbacks, apply colormap.

What does this mean? Is there a web page somewhere with an explanation of
such errors?
The full error message is:

Gtk-Critical **: gtk_widget_set_colormap: assertion '!GTK_WIDGET_REALIZED
(widget)' failed

It means what it says, that the widget is not realized.  I.e. it is not
shown on screen and you cannot set colormap until it is.  Why do you need
it anyway?  AFAIK colormaps are handled by GTK+ itself just fine.

Paul