Re: gtk errors "!GTK_WIDGET_REALIZED (widget) failed

3saul wrote:

when trying to:

GdkColormap *colormap = gdk_screen_get_rgba_colormap(screen);
gtk_widget_set_colormap(widget, colormap);

This is literally as complicated as my program is. Create a window (using
libglade), setup callbacks, apply colormap.

What does this mean? Is there a web page somewhere with an explanation of
such errors?
The full error message is:

Gtk-Critical **: gtk_widget_set_colormap: assertion '!GTK_WIDGET_REALIZED
(widget)' failed

It means what it says, that the widget is not realized.  I.e. it is not
shown on screen and you cannot set colormap until it is.  Why do you need
it anyway?  AFAIK colormaps are handled by GTK+ itself just fine.

Paul