cross-compiling a GTK app, linux -> darwin

Does anyone have expertise/recommendations to share, on the subject of compiling a GTK app on x86 Linux for the powerpc-apple-darwin target?

I'm familiar with the linux -> win32 cross. This is relatively easy since mingw makes the win32 API available in a single package, and Tor Lillqvist makes available the GTK dev material for win32, plus various dependencies, also nicely packaged.

I'm wondering if tarring up all the GTK+ stuff from a fink installation on OS X, and dumping it into a suitable directory on Linux, is going to get me anywhere (having built a suitable binutils and cross-gcc first, of course).

Allin Cottrell