Image Loading Problem on Windows Box

Hi,

I am in the process of porting a very simple program from OS X (X11) to Windows (please don't ask why, it's not my choice). The program compiles without any errors on both systems (and also works for the main part). However, the program is meant to display an image, but the Windows version will not load the file. My (limited) understanding is that the image loader is not being linked properly, but without any error messages from the linker, I am not sure how to fix it.

I have tried linking with a range of libraries, and the path to the required loader is part of the appropriate environment variable. I have also tried various forms of the filename string, to no avail.

The code which should load the file is:

GtkPixbuf * logoBuffer = gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file("images/logo.jpg", NULL);

although the following also does not work (a broken image graphic is displayed):

GtkWidget * logo = gtk_image_new_from_file("images/logo.jpg");

The only other reason I can think of, is that I am using the wrong compiler. I am currently using Microsoft's cl compiler version 14.00.50727.42. I had tried Borland's C compiler, but that threw up a whole host of problems with linking to DLLs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Gavin

PS - If anyone needs any further details, just ask.