Re: Image Loading Problem on Windows Box

Gavin Keighren writes:
The only other reason I can think of, is that I am using the wrong
compiler.

That is very unlikely for this kind of problem.

The more probable cause is that the gdk-pixbuf DLL doesn't find its
loader modules. How have you installed GTK+ on your Windows machine?
(By simply unzipping the zip archives from ftp.gnome.org or
ftp.gtk.org, or by running some executable installer?) Have you moved
the GTK+ DLLs around from the locations there where after you
installed them?

On Windows, a GTK+ binary distribution can be installed in any
location. No hardcoded paths are used. But for this to work you must
not move the files around relative to each others.

There is a file called etc/gtk-2.0/gdk-pixbuf.loaders in the GTK+
installation tree that points to the loader modules for different
image formats. As distributed, this file contains pathnames that don't
exist on the end-user machine. (They are pathnames temporarily used
wqhen building GTK+.) This is not a problem. The temporary prefix used
in these paths is converted at run-time to the actual prefix where the
GTK+ DLLs find that they are installed. But if you have moved the DLLs
around, this won't work.

--tml